[Histonet] Nail Problems /Equipment

SHargrove <@t> urhcs.org SHargrove <@t> urhcs.org
Mon Aug 16 12:32:00 CDT 2010

I am replying to  both posts, getting the section of the nail used to be
the toughest thing to do,now that I use the Sodium Hydroxide soak it seems
that I have less problems keeping the sections on. To help that issue,
after cutting and drying in the oven for 10 minutes, I put the slide in a
Coplin jar with about 1cc of formaldehyde.Put the lid on loosely . Leave
this in the oven 1-2- ours and then stain.  About the instruments , we have
a Ventana Benchmark XT.  It works fine , we just upgraded to the Ultra for
continuous load and do not have room for both in the Lab. We do still use
it for routine IHC, and was last serviced in February this year.