[Histonet] Precipitate in Processor

Brandi Higgins brandihiggins <@t> gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 11:13:18 CDT 2010

Phosphate buffered formalin followed by concentrated alcohol will produce
these phosphate salts.  To prevent this, formalin should be followed by
alcohol of 70% or less.  Also, when you change your processing solutions,
you can do a water flush (we do first 4 solutions - 2 formalin 2 alcohol) to
dissolve any salts that may be built up in the lines.

Brandi Higgins HT(ASCP), BS