[Histonet] CA4DF32ED505D94BB55E95487D8E984104FD48@DOAISD5205.state.mt.ads

Andrew Burgeson napoli <@t> siscom.net
Sun Aug 8 12:10:54 CDT 2010

I am wondering how much agitation is required in order to
achieve the clearing of paraffin from the tissue and slide.
IHC systems obviously use adhesive or + slides, aiding in
tissue adherence. Too much agitation might take take tissue
off. And what about nail fragments or hard tissues in
general? Will they survive? I have an article and info
regarding this type of deparaffinization and will try to get
it into an e-mail.

My sense is that it could very well be less efficient and
time consuming and that depending on how it is done, could
yield very different results.

I still think that "there's nothing like xylene!!!" But
obviously soap and water doesnt hurt your liver....

Interesting method I would like to hear more about people's
experiences.