[Histonet] Turnaround time for Research Pathology

Jay Lundgren jaylundgren <@t> gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 21:51:30 CDT 2010

Julie,

     I've worked in both the clinical and research environments, and the
turnaround time depends on which you're talking about.  200-400 blocks a day
with about 50% multiple levels and unstained slides, 30-70 immunos, and one
or two dozen special stains is a normal day at the hospital lab I'm
currently working at.  That's a less than 24 hour turn around time for four
busy histotechs.
     On the other hand, for most research labs I've worked at, the
turnaround time would be.... whenever.
     Sounds to me like your PI's are wanting their stuff out faster.  Maybe
you are understaffed.  Don't expect much sympathy from clinical lab folks.
                                                          Jay A. Lundgren,
M.S., HTL (ASCP)