[Histonet] Dewaxing problem

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Aug 5 07:52:12 CDT 2010

Use a 2%aqueousus solution odish washingng soap at 90ºc (3 changes of 1 minute each) and your problems wildisappearar.<P>René J.

--- On Thu, 8/5/10, Ceri Allen <Ceri.Allen <@t> nottingham.ac.uk> wrote:

From: Ceri Allen <Ceri.Allen <@t> nottingham.ac.uk>
Subject: [Histonet] Dewaxing problem
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 7:00 AM

Dear Histonetters,

I've recently started having a problem with tissue sections stubbornly
refusing to de-wax. I've been using  2 x 5 minutes in Histoclear to
dewax before re-hydrating and staining with normal H&E. Until about
three weeks ago this process worked fine. Leaving the sections in the
Histoclear for longer seems to have little effect and using Xylene
instead hasn't done much either - it's taking up to two days or more.
The type of tissue seems to be irrelevant, the sections are all cut at 5
microns, and I haven't changed any part of the processing. I've used
fresh alcohols and solvents, clean glassware - everything I can think
of.

Can anyone give me any more ideas or possible causes? because i'm
stumped  L

Thanks

Ceri Allen

Research Technician

School of Veterinary Medicine and Science

Sutton Bonnington Campus

University of Nottingham

Tel. 0115 95 16459

ceri.allen <@t> nottingham.ac.uk