[Histonet] LR white sections

Prior, Andrew Andrew.Prior <@t> Smith-Nephew.com
Wed Apr 28 07:12:54 CDT 2010

Fellow histonetters,
I'm looking for advice for cutting bone samples embedded in LR white resin on a microtome.
We have plenty of experience cutting decalcified bone in wax and with sawing/grinding sections, but little experience in cutting thin sections of resin embedded bone.
We will be using a Leica rotary microtome and tungsten carbide blades, aiming to cut at 5µm thickness.
I am looking for advice on infiltration times, embedding, sectioning and staining. Any and all advice gratefully received.
Many thanks

Andrew

Andrew Prior
Histologist
Smith &Nephew Research Centre
York
YO10 5DF
UK
 Andrew.Prior <@t> smith-nephew.com
Confidentiality.
This electronic transmission is strictly confidential to Smith & Nephew and intended solely for the addressee. It may contain information which is covered by legal, professional or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee, or someone authorised by the intended addressee to receive transmissions on behalf of the addressee, you must not retain, disclose in any form, copy or take any action in reliance on this transmission. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender as soon as possible and destroy this message.

Smith & Nephew UK
Registered in England and Wales No.4421171 with registered office at 15 Adam Street, London WC2N 6LA