[Histonet] Charged Slides for IHC on Ventana

Walter Benton WBENTON <@t> umm.edu
Wed Apr 21 12:22:54 CDT 2010

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:27:57 -0700
From: srishan <@t> mail.holyname.org
Subject: [Histonet] (no subject)
To: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu,

Hi All,

We are using Ventana XT for our immunostaining.  We tried using "Plus"
slides made by many vendors.  The current vendor's pricing is way too
high!  With other vendors slides  we have been having problems.  Please
let me know where to get some plus slides which are reasonable.  I know
the recommended slides come from erie but I am not quite sure about
vendors who carry it and how much they charge.

Thanks

Nirmala Srishan
Histology
Holy Name Medical Center.

Nirmala,

We use Fisher's charged slides 12-550-15, which I'm sure are made by Erie. Pricing will depend upon your contract with a particular vendor. SurgiPath aka Leica has charged slides that work well also. If you want the etched Control Box Slides we purchase from Cardinal.
Hope this helps!

Walter Benton, HT(ASCP)QIHC
Histology Supervisor
University of Maryland Medical Center
Anatomic Pathology
22 S. Greene St
Room NBW65
Baltimore MD 21201
(Direct) 410-328-0930
(Lab) 410-328-5524
(Fax) 410-328-5508

This e-mail and any accompanying attachments may be privileged, confidential, contain protected health information about an identified patient or be otherwise protected from disclosure. State and federal law protect the confidentiality of this information. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient; you are prohibited from using, disclosing, reproducing or distributing this information; you should immediately notify the sender by telephone or e-mail and delete this e-mail.