[Histonet] IHC Slides, Hotplate vs Oven

Tony Henwood AnthonyH <@t> chw.edu.au
Tue Apr 20 18:18:37 CDT 2010

We use an oven (62oC) for 25min only. See:

Henwood, A., (2005) "Effect of Slide Drying at 80°C on Immunohistochemistry" J Histotechnol 28(1):45-46.

Regards

Tony Henwood JP, MSc, BAppSc, GradDipSysAnalys, CT(ASC)
Laboratory Manager & Senior Scientist
Tel: 612 9845 3306
Fax: 612 9845 3318
the children's hospital at westmead
Cnr Hawkesbury Road and Hainsworth Street, Westmead
Locked Bag 4001, Westmead NSW 2145, AUSTRALIA

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Laurie Colbert
Sent: Wednesday, 21 April 2010 12:40 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] IHC Slides, Hotplate vs Oven

I'm curious as to whether or not others put their IHC slides on a hotplate after cutting?  If so, at what temperature and for how long? Who only uses an oven - and what temp and for how long?  Does anyone use both the hotplate and the oven?

Laurie Colbert

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender.

Views expressed in this message and any attachments are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of The Children's Hospital at Westmead

This note also confirms that this email message has been virus scanned and although no computer viruses were detected, The Childrens Hospital at Westmead accepts no liability for any consequential damage resulting from email containing computer viruses.