[Histonet] Cd31 in pigs

Jan Shivers shive003 <@t> umn.edu
Fri Apr 9 11:24:09 CDT 2010

Von Willebrand Factor (Factor VIII) is also what I use to stain pig
endothelium.

Jan Shivers
Senior Scientist
Pathology Teaching Program
Histology/IHC/EM Section Head
University of Minnesota
Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory
1333 Gortner Ave.
St. Paul, MN  55108
612-624-7297
shive003 <@t> umn.edu

(Confidentiality Notice: This message, together with any attachments, is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
think you have received this message in error, please advise the sender and
then delete this message and any attachments immediately.)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jean-Martin Lapointe" <jm.lapointe <@t> accellab.com>
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2010 10:59 AM
Subject: [Histonet] Cd31 in pigs

Hi Joel,
we have tried a few antibodies for CD31 in FFPE tissues in pigs and have had
no luck. We currently use an antibody to vWF to stain pig endothelium. If
someone has a working technique for CD31 in swine, I'd be happy to hear
about it.

Jean-Martin
Jean-Martin Lapointe, DMV, MS, dACVP
AccelLAB Inc
Québec, Canada  J7H 1N8
jm.lapointe <@t> accellab.com

Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 09:40:00 -0400
From: "Joel Israel" <JoelI <@t> mcclainlab.com>

Does anyone have a procedure that WORKS for cd31 in pigs?  I can't seem
to get it to work no matter what I do.  Any help will be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks.- joel