[Histonet] eProtocols

Shea's jshea121 <@t> roadrunner.com
Thu Apr 8 16:18:49 CDT 2010

Our Pathologist found it more time consuming to delete lines that were non-applicable than to dictate what they do want from the CAP Cancer Protocols:

1. I copied and pasted the commonly used protocols into the canned text dictionary (in meditech, magic) then each pathologist will edit it to meet their usual needs, and save it again (giving it a name they will remember). To use it, they go into the Diagnosis data section, type the canned text, then they still add/delete lines that are applicable, but it is still a bit more user friendly. They each have a thick binder notebook of the protocols in print to follow along if needed.

2. Now that we use dragon voice recognition, they have all made up "macros" for the most commonly used ones. They will go to the diagnosis data section and voice the command for the protocol. A macro/canned text version will appear. They will also have a printed copy from CAP Protocol to follow along if they need to add or delete anything.

Either way they find it easier than deleting lines. Also I should add, this is easiest for them since we do not have a pathology secretary or transcriptionist.

Jan