[Histonet] Tungesten Carbide Knives and araldite

Eridana eridana <@t> cox.net
Thu Apr 8 16:04:26 CDT 2010

I have a tiny project using araldite on mouse nerves and wondered if anyone could recommend the tungsten carbide knife that Ted Pella cat #121-50 or any other company sells. I cut methacrylate ages ago with glass knives but wonder if the tungesten carbide blade might be a  easier and way less expensive option than a $9k Leica glass knife breaker.  I used the Sorvall breaker  but it looks to be discontinued.

If anyone has an opinion on araldite, I would appreciate that too.

Thanks

Donna

Donna Harclerode HT,HTL,QIHC (ASCP),SLS
Histology Core Manager