AW: [Histonet] Refixing with Bouin's for Masson's Trichrome

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Wed Apr 7 13:22:05 CDT 2010

Refixing the slides is a usual procedure. RT over night or 2 hours 60°C
oven.

The longer the acid step the brighter the red stain.

Gudrun Lang

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] Im Auftrag von
cscampbe <@t> uci.edu
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 07. April 2010 19:48
An: HistoNet
Betreff: [Histonet] Refixing with Bouin's for Masson's Trichrome

Hi Histonet,

I am currently refixing my slides in Bouin's solution. Should I be
refixing the entire tissue sample? What I mean is, should I deparrafinize
my heart samples, refix in Bouin's, and reinfiltrate them before slicing
with the microtome? Or is it more effective to just refix the slides with
the heart sections on them?

Also, my procedure for the Trichrome stain has me put the slides into
phosphomolybdic acid for 5 minutes. I find that the slides come out of the
procedure very dark and purple, instead of vibrant red as expected. Is the
acid wash the problem? Should I reduce the time spent in the acid?

Thanks!
-Colin