[Histonet] Amyloid Stain

Richard Cartun Rcartun <@t> harthosp.org
Mon Apr 5 16:12:10 CDT 2010

I find IHC for amyloid A (AA) helpful only in kidney; however, it is not requested often.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, Ph.D.
Director, Histology & Immunopathology
Director, Biospecimen Collection Programs
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 545-1596 Office
(860) 545-2204 Fax

>>> Drew Meyer <41dmb41 <@t> gmail.com> 4/5/2010 2:37 PM >>>
Hey Guys,

I was hoping to get some help with the best way to approach a request for an
amyloid stain.  The only thing I've ever done in the past is the traditional
Congo Red... however we were wondering how the Amyloid A Immuno stain is.
Our pathologists were wondering if the Amyloid A is more/less reliable and
if there are any limitations associated with this antibody.  I just don't
know that much about it and was hoping you guys could enlighten me!  Thanks
for the help!

Drew