[Histonet] Amyloid Stain

Sebree Linda A LSebree <@t> uwhealth.org
Mon Apr 5 14:05:23 CDT 2010

Drew,

At one time we were going to bring this stain in-house (Amyloid A) but
finding positive control material was problematic.  One of our
pathologists remembered a case from more than 20 years ago (and had
documented it!) but it was still just a tiny renal biopsy.  We found
that ProPath (214-237-1894, www.propath.com ) does this antibody so we
gave them some of our renal biopsy and since then have sent our cases to
them for staining.

Linda A. Sebree
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Laboratory
DB1-223 VAH
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
(608)265-6596

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Drew
Meyer
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2010 1:38 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Amyloid Stain

Hey Guys,

I was hoping to get some help with the best way to approach a request
for an amyloid stain.  The only thing I've ever done in the past is the
traditional Congo Red... however we were wondering how the Amyloid A
Immuno stain is.
Our pathologists were wondering if the Amyloid A is more/less reliable
and if there are any limitations associated with this antibody.  I just
don't know that much about it and was hoping you guys could enlighten
me!  Thanks for the help!

Drew