[Histonet] Choosing Carousel Style Tissue Processors

Parsons, Catherine cparsons <@t> vt.edu
Mon Apr 5 09:26:08 CDT 2010

I am in the process of selecting a new tissue processor for my lab, and have narrowed the search to two models.   Both are carousel style tissue processors.  We are a small, low volume research lab, so the carousel style fits well with our processing and space needs.  I would appreciate any information/opinions  that anyone has about these two models and manufacturers.  Major lab equipment purchases seem to be on a 20 year cycle here, so I need to choose carefully and well!

My choices are the Leica TP 1020 and the Thermo Scientific Microm STP 120 Spin tissue processor.

Has anyone found the spin function on the Microm unit to be useful, or just another part to break down and need replacement?

Thanks in advance for any information that you can offer.

Cathy Parsons
cparsons <@t> vt.edu