[Histonet] Entry level Histology position San Diego
mwatson <@t> gnf.org
Tue Sep 29 10:06:50 CDT 2009
GNF is currently seeking a Scientific Associate to join the Histology group Job Summary
Performs routine, special staining and complex procedures necessary in preparing specimens of animal tissue in a research environment.
Associate's degree in a biological science or completion of a NAACLS accredited School of Histotechnology is required.
Acquiring the American Society of Clinical Pathologist (ASCP) certification as a Histology Technician within one year will be required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
An entry level technician is acceptable. We will train the employee in animal techniques, a wide variety of manual histochemical and enzymatic staining, automated and manual immunohistochemistry, and automated and manual in-situ hybridization.
1. Identifies significant tissue elements microscopically to determine quality of staining.
2. Necropsy, fix, trim, process, and embed animal tissue for paraffin and frozen sections.
3. Performs microtomy on rotary microtome, cryostat, and be able to learn to use a sliding microtome.
4. Prepares dyes and solutions in order to perform special or complex procedures.
5. Have the background to do basic histochemical stains and enzymatic histochemical stains. Have the background to learn Immunohistochemical staining and other advanced histological procedures.
6. Maintains lab work area by performing preventative maintenance on instruments and equipment and keeping the work area clean and orderly.
7. Operate Slide scanning Instrumentation.
The Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation (GNF), located in the Torrey Pines area of San Diego, CA, is funded by the Novartis Research Foundation and dedicated to the development and application of new methods and techniques for genome-wide biological discovery and biomedical research. GNF provides a unique and challenging opportunity to combine exploratory biomedical research with pharmaceutical drug development in a highly interactive, multidisciplinary environment and state-of-the-art facilities. GNF offers excellent compensation and a great benefits package. Visit our website at www.gnf.org<http://www.gnf.org> EOE
Please submit your CV and any supporting documents to:
Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation Job Code: JW09-025
10675 John Jay Hopkins Drive
San Diego, CA 92121
Fax: 858/812-1670, or submit online to jobs <@t> gnf.org<mailto:jobs <@t> gnf.org> (subject line must include JW09-025)
James Watson HT ASCP
Facilities Manager of Histology
GNF Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation
Fax 858-812-1915<mailto:858-812-1915jwatson <@t> gnf.org>
jwatson <@t> gnf.org
More information about the Histonet