[Histonet] BLTS

Kathleen Jones Kjones <@t> upei.ca
Tue Sep 29 08:20:01 CDT 2009

Hello Histonet

I am wondering if anyone out there is familiar with the Barbeito-Lopez
Trichrome stain. I am using it to identify early myocardial infarction.
My damaged tissue is showing up, but it is very subtle. The papers I've
read show the necrotic myofibers 'popping' out as yellow, whereas mine
are more pale, almost pink. I'm not sure if I am under decolorizing or
if I should leave it in the molybdic acid aniline blue methyl orange
longer.

Kathy Jones
Research Technician
AVC-UPEI