[Histonet] TISSUE FREEZING MEDIUM

Eric Sulkosky esulkosky <@t> gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 10:41:49 CDT 2009

Carol,

I have heard of similar problems. I believe the temperature of your cryostat
may be one of the reasons for your problem along with the type of media.

Optimal cryostat temps for cutting unfixed tissue such as brain, lymph node,
liver and kidney should be -12- 16 degrees. Fatty tissue such as breast
and skin, thyroid, prostate and adrenal should be at -18- 30 degrees. Have
you tried cutting at a different temperature? No sure if it will resolve
your problem completely but it should improve your results.

Hope this helps.

Eric