[Histonet] DAB Chromogen

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Sep 17 09:50:56 CDT 2009

That seems to be a protocol for a very specific situation but incubation over ice is absolutely not necessary and if done like that the incubation time has to be prolonged substantially.
An incubation tie of 5 min at room temperature (as in the DAKO autostainer) is all that is required.
René J.

--- On Thu, 9/17/09, Nancy Herman <Nancy.Herman <@t> inspection.gc.ca> wrote:

From: Nancy Herman <Nancy.Herman <@t> inspection.gc.ca>
Subject: [Histonet] DAB Chromogen
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Thursday, September 17, 2009, 10:12 AM

I have this DAB staining protocol for IHC.  It was used on the DAKO autostainer and incubated for 5min.  Our controls using the DAKO DAB chromogen kit worked fine.  Does anyone have any experience with a DAB protocol similar to this or have any other information to add to this protocol?  Is incubating on ice necessary?

TRIS-DAB:

200 ml TRIS-DAB, 0.05M, Ph 7.6
40 mg DAB (aliquots in 1.5 ml, -20 Celsius)

filter
incubate slides (eventually on ice)
add: 34 ul H2O2 (30%)

stop reaction in PBS