[Histonet] indian ink

Dr. Frauke Neff nefff <@t> staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Sep 17 09:52:24 CDT 2009

Dear everyone,
when I was working in pathology gross section lab, we used black dye
(and blue, green etc,"Tusche" in german) for orientation of the gross
section specimens. We fixed the dye with Bouin's solution. Now I was
asked for this dye, but I don't know if this was the "conventional"
india ink you can buy for drawing in paper shops or was this a
"special dye". I don't found anything in commen pathology supplier
catalogs and can't reach anyone of my former colleagues who might know.
Can you help me out of this confusion?!

Thanks a lot (Vielen Dank)

Frauke