[Histonet] Company email

Paula Pierce contact <@t> excaliburpathology.com
Mon Sep 14 12:35:36 CDT 2009

Sheila,

Joe is correct about the generic emails such as yahoo, gmail, etc.

Look into creating your own website which will then come with email in the you <@t> yourcompany.com format. Websites can be hosted for as little as $10-12/month and the name searched for conflicts. Some even has easy, free software to design the website yourself.

Paula

________________________________
From: "Galbraith, Joe" <joseph-galbraith <@t> uiowa.edu>
To: Sheila Haas <micropathlabs <@t> yahoo.com>
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2009 12:05:49 PM
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Company email

Sheila:

Often on-line vendors do not 'like' and sometimes do not accept 'free-mailer' email addresses like yahoo, g-mail, hotmail, etc. because they are frequently faked or spoofed.  This is often an issue with the payment processor (the company the supplier hires to process credit cards) not the supplier directly.  These processors frequently get burned by scam artists and it can sometimes cost the processor lots of money, hence their reluctance to process free email addresses.  They are looking for pay for service addresses from internet access providers like Quest, Mediacom, or your company, etc.  For those (and there are many of us these days) who save money by using a free-mailer, this issue can be a problem.  You can complain to the supplier and they may be able to pressure the processor to some degree but it is almost certainly not directly their issue.  Look to see whose secure site you are transferred to when you go to pay for your purchase
 on-line.  That may tell you the company who is actually setting this rule.

If Beckman is actually processing their payments and making the rule directly, then try using a different email address (the best ones that are set up via your own company, ie yourname <@t> yourcompany.com).  In the absence of a 'real' email addy, I presume you have tried the telephone ordering approach.  If they won't take an order over the phone without a 'real' email addy, then you are in a world of hurt.  Be sure that you are using a physical address for your location and ship to address that is trusted and can be independently confirmed.  That may help them be less concerned.

Best of luck.

Joe
joseph-galbraith <@t> uiowa.edu