[Histonet] Slide labels used with IHC Instruments

Michael Mihalik mike <@t> pathview.com
Thu Sep 10 16:40:04 CDT 2009

Actually, Jean it's a different story for Leica.

With Ventana you HAVE to use THEIR labels.  That's not the case with Leica.
Succinctly, this means that you can use your LIS labels on a slide and the
Lecia will read them and that's that.

On the Ventana equipment, the slide MUST have the VENTANA slide label on the
slide.  Some powerpath users have gotten the powerpath barcode on the
Ventana slide label and we're about to try and  place our LIS slide label on
the back of the slide.

Purely, and I mean PURELY, from a labeling process, I would argue that the
Leica is better suited for process flow.

Michael Mihalik
PathView Systems | cell: 214.733.7688 | 800.798.3540 | fax: 952.241.7369