[Histonet] H&E preparation

Weems, Joyce JWeems <@t> sjha.org
Wed Sep 2 09:14:10 CDT 2009

 the good ole days for sure - purple ceilings, purple walls, purple
people.... And cigarette ashes in the trash and food on the counter...

Is it Friday yet?!!!
J:>)

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Lynette
Pavelich
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 07:02
To: aazath <@t> hotmail.com; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu;
Kemlo.Rogerson <@t> waht.swest.nhs.uk
Subject: RE: [Histonet] H&E preparation

Ah, the good 'ol days!  Remember adding the oxidizinng agent (mecuric
oxide) too soon when it was still bubbling and having a volcano of
hematoxylin?!!!  LOLj Was remembering tho', that every day, before
using, we would "top off"
(add...oh, about 30ml) of fresh to the filtered used batch.  This really
kept the quality good.  Worked for 30 yrs until we started purchasing
it.  Gone are the morning coffee and donuts sitting next to our
microtomes too!! Sigh................  Ya, ya....I know!!!
Confidentiality Notice:
This email, including any attachments is the
property of Catholic Health East and is intended
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
It may contain information that is privileged and
confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please reply to the
sender that you have received the message in
error, then delete this message.