[Histonet] Marginated Staining on IHC

Katelin Lester katelin <@t> cuttingedgehistology.com
Tue Sep 1 13:47:22 CDT 2009

Hi histonet,

I am back with a problem I've been having with my IHC slides.  We had a PM
recently and had thought that would solve this problem, but as I do more and
more slides, the problem remains.  I am seeing marginated staining at the
edge of the tissue on the controls as well as the patient tissue.  This
occurs at the top, middle, and bottom of the slides.  This occurs with any
antibody. This does not occur with every run, but the more slides I have on
the stainer, the more frequently it occurs.  I have contacted Thermo, who
now takes care of our old R.A.S. Microm HMS 710i, but I have further faith
that the histonet can help me.  I've seen similar posts in the archives, but
did not see any responses.

Any suggestions are appreciated,

Katelin

Katelin Lester