[Histonet] IBA1-microglia staining on frozen sections

ti fei tifei <@t> foxmail.com
Thu Nov 26 10:59:11 CST 2009

Very surprising!
 I just use PFA fixation after I cut the tissue, and I can stain it again!

 Anyone has the experience of staining IBA1 on alcohol/acetone-fixed brain sections before?
 In literature it said yes this works.

  From:  "TF"<tifei <@t> foxmail.com>;
 Date:  Thu, Nov 26, 2009 10:26 PM
 To:  "Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu"<Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>;

 Subject:  [Histonet] IBA1-microglia staining on frozen sections

 Hi all, i just can not get this IBA1 (marker of microglia) well stained on my frozen sections fixed with acetone (sections were either dried up in air for 1 hour or fixed immediately). But I always get good staining on PFA-perfused brain tissue.

Will IBA1 antigen reactivity lose in acetone fixation?

2009-11-26

TF