[Histonet] Mouse eyes

gayle callis gayle.callis <@t> bresnan.net
Mon Nov 23 15:44:07 CST 2009

Gayle Callis
HTL/HT/MT(ASCP)

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Roger Moretz
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2009 2:15 PM
To: Durden, Kelley; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Mouse eyes

Altho' retired for 2 years, we had a protocol that retained all parts of the
eye quite well.  Fixation was in 3% glutaraldehyde (diluted in H2O), 4 deg.C
for overnight.  Don't extend the fixation as this will cause the tissue to
be too hard.  Wash for about 1hr in running tap water and process as usual
for mouse tissue (if it works for mouse liver, it will work for the eyes).

Roger Moretz, Ph.D. (ret.)