[Histonet] Mouse eyes

Durden, Kelley kelleydurden <@t> pathology.ufl.edu
Mon Nov 23 09:44:21 CST 2009

My question concerns mouse eyes.

Can anyone send me their fixation suggestions?  We are receiving mouse eyes that end up with a "wavy" look instead of a nicely defined "C" and have no explanation for this occurrence.

Can anyone send me their mouse eye processing schedule?  We have a protocol that has proved fast and true but would welcome other suggestions.

Can you give me a good idea for making sure sections stick to slides well?   Gold Plus?  What else?

Has anyone experienced a retinal detachment after or upon staining?  Retina attached after sectioning - detached after staining - just routine H&E.  Should I heat for an extended period of time?

Kelley Durden, HT ASCP
University of Florida
Molecular Pathology Core