[Histonet] !0% buffered formalin corrosive?

Cliff Berger cliffberger <@t> mac.com
Thu Nov 19 16:26:54 CST 2009

10% Neutral Buffered Formalin, which is probably what most histology labs
are using, is not corrosive and it has no hazardous designation what so ever
as far as commercial shipping in the United States is concerned.  The pH of
this product should be between 6.8 and 7.1, hence the neutral designation.

Formaldehyde, (which is sometimes referred to as Formalin) is hazardous and
ships as a flammable and a corrosive liquid.

--
Best regards!

Cliff Berger
Decal Chemical Corp