[Histonet] IHC tests in house vs. sending out

Sebree Linda A LSebree <@t> uwhealth.org
Thu Nov 19 15:31:47 CST 2009

Steve,

Our threshold is 12 tests/year for bringing on a new antibody in-house.  On the flip side, if ordering volumes fall below 12/year, we consider dropping the antibody.

Linda A. Sebree
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Laboratory
DB1-223 VAH
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
(608)265-6596

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Steve Johnson
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 1:10 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] IHC tests in house vs. sending out

Hi Histonet,

I am trying to control which IHC tests I run in our lab vs. which tests I send out for.  My pathologists are interested in some new tests but I am not sure how frequently they are going to be ordering them.  I'd rather do them in house if I can, but I don't want to be throwing my money away if they never order them...

Does anyone know of a good system for keeping track of this?

-Steve