[Histonet] IHC tests in house vs. sending out

Rathborne, Toni trathborne <@t> somerset-healthcare.com
Thu Nov 19 13:27:37 CST 2009

First you need to determine which tests they have been requesting, and at what frequency. Evaluate the need over several months for each antibody. If it is ordered frequently enough to be cost effective and the pathologists will maintain competency, then you should consider bringing it in.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Steve
Johnson
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 2:10 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] IHC tests in house vs. sending out

Hi Histonet,

I am trying to control which IHC tests I run in our lab vs. which tests I send out for.  My pathologists are interested in some new tests but I am not sure how frequently they are going to be ordering them.  I'd rather do them in house if I can, but I don't want to be throwing my money away if they never order them...

Does anyone know of a good system for keeping track of this?

-Steve

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and any included attachments are from
Somerset Medical Center and are intended only for the addressee.
The information contained in this message is confidential
and may contain privileged, confidential, proprietary and/or
trade secret information entitled to protection and/or exemption
from disclosure under applicable law. Unauthorized forwarding,
printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the
addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify
the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call
Somerset Medical Center's computer Help Desk at
908-685-2200, ext. 4050.
Somerset Medical Center is the recipient of the
2009 Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award(tm) from HealthGrades,
the nation's leading health care ratings company.

Visit Somerset Medical Center's Web site
- www.somersetmedicalcenter.com -
for news, event listings, health information and more.

Join the Discussion:
Facebook: www.somersetmedicalcenter.com/fb
Twitter: www.twitter.com/SomersetMedCtr