[Histonet] RE: Histonet Digest, Vol 72, Issue 19

Joanne Clark jclark <@t> pcnm.com
Wed Nov 18 18:29:58 CST 2009

Hi Shiela, I went through an OLA accreditation before I came to work
here the States and it seems to me if you do all the same QC you did for
CAP you will be OK.  You will need to validate your instruments and all
of your IHC protocols and have records to show.  All of your procedures
for all your antibodies will need to be documented and how you QC test
them.  Unless they have changed things, you can use outdated antibodies
with OLA if you have a written procedure that outlines how they are used
and what to do if the QC/QA guidelines are not met.  You will need to
have QC testing records for when a new shipment of antibody is received
from the vendor before being put into use.

Joanne Clark, HT, MLT(CSMLS)
Histology Supervisor
Pathology Consultants of New Mexico
Roswell, NM

Message: 9
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 07:35:11 -0500
From: sheila adey <sheila_adey <@t> hotmail.com>
Subject: [Histonet] IHC  in Ontario Canada
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>

Hello,

I've recently started working back in Canada and I am looking to find
other techs that are familiar with the OLA regulations for IHCs. Seems
to be a little different than the CAP guidelines.

Sheila Adey HT MLT

Eligible CDN College & University students can upgrade to Windows 7
before Jan 3 for only $39.99. Upgrade now!
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9691819