[Histonet] Microm vs Leica

Bauer, Karen L. Bauer.Karen <@t> mayo.edu
Mon Nov 9 11:51:33 CST 2009

Hello,

We are starting up a new Mohs lab and there have been discussions on
what brand of cryostat to purchase.  The new doc would like us to get
Microm cryostats, but I would like to stick with the Leica, since we us
them in the Histology lab and know and trust them.  They have been
workhorses for us and very reliable.

What is the opinion of other Mohs techs out there?  Any major
differences?  Is one really superior to the other?

Any comments on this matter is appreciated.

Thank you,

Karen

Karen L. Bauer HTL (ASCP)
Histology Section Chief
Department of Pathology - Luther Hospital
Luther Midelfort - Mayo Health System
715-838-3205
bauer.karen <@t> mayo.edu