[Histonet] Cutting paraffin sections in a warm room

louise renton louise.renton <@t> gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 00:39:21 CST 2009

One of the little things I learned along the way regarding bone sectioning:
if time allows, trim (face) the blocks and leave them in the deep freeze
(-?20) overnight. T
Then when you are ready to section, take ONE block out at a time and place
on ice. this trick is especially useful for us as we cut 50 serial sections
at one go. The block is usually cold enough to get at least 40 sections off
it before recooling.
BTW, we use the deepe embedding moulds, about 1cm deep, so if you are using
the flatter mouds, maybe overnight is not necessary

my 2c worth

have a great weekend!