[Histonet] Re: Muscle biopsies

Robert Richmond rsrichmond <@t> gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 12:36:47 CST 2009

Toni Rathborne, Pathology Supervisor, Somerset Medical Center,
Somerville NJ asks:

>>Can anyone recommend a reputable lab (preferable upper-east coast) to send muscle biopsies to?<<

The preparation of muscle biopsy specimens is very exacting - they
need to be transported on wet ice, quite unfixed - you need to find a
facility within a reasonable driving distance, and work out transport
arrangements with them, and make sure the specimen is obtained in time
to get it transported and received promptly (I've on occasion enlisted
family members to do this.)

You and your pathologist need to work all this out in advance of need.
Let us all know how this process works out for you.

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Knoxville TN