[Histonet] Cutting paraffin sections in a warm room

Sebree Linda A LSebree <@t> uwhealth.org
Thu Nov 5 12:17:08 CST 2009

Adam,

You may very well be dealing with static electricity from the drier air
produced when the heat gets turned on.  Go to the Archives for helpful
hints on dealing with this issue.

Linda A. Sebree
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Laboratory
DB1-223 VAH
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
(608)265-6596

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Adam .
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2009 12:11 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Cutting paraffin sections in a warm room

Hi all,

I've just recently started cutting paraffin sections (of bones). A few
weeks ago, the facilities people decided that it was fall and now the
lab is significantly warmer than it used to be, and my paraffin is
falling apart and sticking to everything. Apparently, we can't control
the temperature through a thermostat at all, and the microtome is inside
the lab. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to section in a
warm room.

Thanks,
Adam