[Histonet] 2009 Louisiana Society for Histotechnology Symposium/Convention Invitation

Montina Van Meter Montina.VanMeter <@t> pbrc.edu
Fri May 29 15:07:37 CDT 2009

Fellow Histonetters,

     The Louisiana Society for Histotechnology is pleased to announce
the 26th Annual Symposium/Convention:

                                                              "Your
Histeaux Surplus Package"

June 12 & 13, 2009

at the

Bourbon Orleans Hotel

717 Orleans St.

New Orleans, LA  70117

www.bourbonorleans.com

 1.  Walk-ins are always welcome!  If you are planning on registering
the day of the meeting we would appreciate it if you
      would send us an email or call Dixie or Tina prior to the meeting,
which will allow the LSH to make arrangements for
      workshop handouts and food reservations.  Pre-registrants will
automatically receive a complimentary buffet lunch each
      day!  Please make additional copies of your registration form for
co-workers in your lab or facility that might be interested
      in attending.  The LSH would also like to extend the invitation to
our fellow technologists and pathologists from
      surrounding states.  We encourage everyone to attend in order to
build our networking potential, earn those valuable
      CEU's and enjoy the beautiful city of New Orleans.

 2.  The LSH room rates will be honored as long as rooms are available.
For those attendees who may want to visit the
      beautiful sights and sounds of New Orleans, the Bourbon Orleans
Hotel will honor the room rates for three days prior and
      three days after the meeting.  Special on-site parking rates for
LSH attendees is available as well as public parking
      around Jackson Square.  For reservations call 1-504-523-2222 or
1-866-513-9744 and mention you are with the LSH
      group.  Do to relocation of many of our members we would ask
everyone who would like to receive a
      brochure/membership form via email or fax, to please contact Tina
Van Meter at 225-603-0953,
      vanmetmj <@t> pbrc.edu or Dixie Benoit at 337-233-1951,
dixiehistochick <@t> bellsouth.net .

3.   There are many local attractions going on during the week of our
symposium such as: The Cajun - Zydeco Festival,
      Seafood Festival and the Creole Tomato Festival all in the French
Quarter/Jackson Square area.  Free admission to the
      festivals.   Check out the links below:

http://www.neworleansonline.com/news/2009/May/vieuxtodo.html

http://ww.neworleansonline.com/neworleans/tours/

4.   Employment Postings:  The LSH will have a "Job Board" for anyone
who would like to advertise opportunities for
       employment at their facility.  Please contact us via email, phone
or at the meeting.

5.   2009 LSH State Meeting Workshops:

     WS#1 - Am I Really Ready for this CAP Inspection?

     WS#2 - Mouse to Horse: It's Not Human

     WS#3 - Breast Cancer and the Standardization of HER2/neu Testing

     WS#4 - Contemporary Trends in Immunohistochemistry

     WS#5 - Troubleshooting Routine Special Stains

     WS#6 - Which Code Do I Use?  (CPT Coding)

     WS#7 - Are You REALLY Ready for the Next Catastrophic Event That
Will Affect Your Hospital or City?

     WS#8 - 2 Crazy Cat Ladies Give Their Opinions of Life, Liberty, and
Lab Management

 We have a variety of topics presented by experienced speakers that
promises to benefit everyone.  The attendees will have
 access to several scientific vendor exhibits during the entire
symposium.  The LSH would love to have y'all come on down to
 the Bourbon Orleans Hotel in the French Quarter!

Hope to see you in June!

The LSH Committee

Montina J. Van Meter, HT (ASCP)
Lab Manager