[Histonet] Sakura film coverslipper xylene residue issue

Scott lscott <@t> sfcn.org
Fri May 29 00:03:16 CDT 2009

Hi,
    We have a newer Sakura film coverslipper, does anyone have experience with this piece of equipment. I have a problem with the slides having a light xylene residue, after the slides come off of the coverslipper.

How do you dry them? If I leave the slides on the coverslipper to air dry the xylene residue is noticeable. If I lightly wipe off all of the slides as they come off the coverslipper they look clean.

How do you guys do it? I think it is a waste of time to wipe off all of the slides. I don't think the xylene flow is too high.

Thanks for your help,

Scott Hendricksen HT(ASCP)