[Histonet] autoflurescence of cytospin cells

FU,DONGTAO fudo <@t> ufl.edu
Tue May 26 08:40:04 CDT 2009

Hi, all

  I need you help.I was doing immunoflurescent staining on
cytospin mouse tumor cells and I noticed high autoflurescence
background of the cells, it happened even before I added first
antibody. I tried 4% paraformaldehyde or acetone fixation, but
either of them gave me the same result.

  Does anyone here have experiences on decreasing the
autoflurescence on the cytospin cells? Or any suggestions? The PI
wants to see double staining, so it is impossible to do chromagen
methods.

  Thank you,

Ann Dongtao Fu
University of Flodrida