[Histonet] Antibodies for Alport syndrome

Young Kwun kwuny <@t> email.cs.nsw.gov.au
Thu May 21 22:17:37 CDT 2009

Hi All,

Has anyone had experience doing IHC on FFPE tissues with Collagen Type IV
subunit antibodies?

These are Collagen Type IV alpha 1, alpha 3 and alpha 5 chains.  They are
used for the diagnosis of Alport syndrome and all antibodies are from KAMIYA
BIOMEDICAL COMPANY, Seatle. At present, it seems that only COL4A5 is working
on FFPE tissues.

I tried with (or without) various pre-treatment before the primary
incubation with the dilution of 1:50 to 1:500.

I am using BondMax autostainer and I also tried Decloaking chamber HIER with
manual staining.

I was wondering whether there would be other source for these antibodies.

Thank you.

Regards,

Young

Young Kwun