Re: Re: [Histonet] 70% alcohol fixation of brain

TF tifei <@t> foxmail.com
Fri May 15 13:14:56 CDT 2009

thanks to the reply.
some antigens will be damaged by PFA fixation and can not be retreieval.
the shock frozen section with acetone is of quite bad tissue quality. therefore I am trying alcohol!

2009-05-16

TF

发件人: Geoff McAuliffe
发送时间: 2009-05-15  23:55:15
收件人: tifei
抄送: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
主题: Re: [Histonet] 70% alcohol fixation of brain

Greetings TF:
Good luck freezing a brain that is full of alcohol! Have you checked the
freezing point of alcohol?
Why are you doing this?
Immersing a whole brain in 70% alcohol, why??
30% sucrose is a cryoprotectant so the brain is not full of holes from
ice crystals.Alcohol defeats this purpose.
Geoff

--
--
Geoff McAuliffe, Ph.D.