[Histonet] rush kidney biopsies

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Mon May 11 09:52:27 CDT 2009

Hi all!

Until now we were lucky to have no short-processing-protocols to deal with.
Now we start with transplantation kidney biopsies and a two-hour-protocol on
a VIP.

Receiving biopsy – 30 min NBF – then VIP: 30 min NBF 40°C, 15 min 70% alk,
15 min 80% alk, 15 min 96% alk, 15 min 100% alk, 30 min paraffin

We do HE and specialstains ( Jones, PAS, EvG, Congored, Trichrom SFOG) and
immunofluorescenc (Ig) and immunohistochemistry (C4d, HLA, Polyomavirus).

If anyone have bad experiences with the short protocols, would you mind to
share those with me? Regarding cutting and staining. What are the points, I
have to take care of?

Good experiences are also welcome.

Bye Gudrun