[Histonet] Paraffin processing schedule-Cynamologus monkey tibia

Danielle Crippen dcrippen <@t> buckinstitute.org
Fri May 8 15:41:44 CDT 2009

Dear Histo-experts,

Can you share your processing schedules for monkey (or human) bone
samples.  I need to paraffin embed a cynamologus monkey tibia.  It's
decalcified with the endpoint confirmed (with ammonium oxalate).  I've
had good success with mouse bones with the following schedule, but am
not sure it's long enough for this larger sample:

-         70% EtOH 1.5 hours

-         80% EtOH 1.5 hours

-         95% EtOH 2x 1.5 hours

-         100% EtOH 2x 1.5 hours

-         Clearite 3 2x1.5 hours

-         Tissue Prep 2 paraffin 4x1.5 hours 60 degrees under vacuum

-         Embed in tissue prep 2

We're hand processing, so any/all advice is welcome!!

Many thanks in advance!

Danielle Crippen

Morphology and Imaging Core Manager

Buck Institute for Age Research