[Histonet] re: Xylene

Matthew Close matthewtclose <@t> gmail.com
Sat May 2 14:34:13 CDT 2009

I don't know whether you are decalcifying tissue or not, but I have had
similar problems with tissue that was over-decalcified.  It was particularly
bad when decalcified with commercial "decalcifying agent" which contained
formic along with several chelating agents.  The end result was tissue that
was soft to cut, stained poorly.  I had to alter several protocols to rescue
the sections during staining and eventually got pretty good results.  Email
me if you are interested.  And good luck.
Matt Close

Matthew T. Close
Lehigh University, Department of Biological Sciences