[Histonet] OCT and RNA

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Fri May 1 09:24:50 CDT 2009

Karen:
Usually you will freeze your samples at -20ºC and later you will store at -80ºC.
The answer to your question will have to be provided by your researchers:
is RNA preserved at -80ºC for long periods of time? They should make a bibliography research to answer that question.
For sure it will preserve the tissue for morphology and IHC.
René J.

--- On Fri, 5/1/09, Karen Doty <k.fd <@t> live.com> wrote:

From: Karen Doty <k.fd <@t> live.com>
Subject: [Histonet] OCT and RNA
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Friday, May 1, 2009, 10:17 AM

Hi,

  Some of our researchers want to collect frozen tissue for possible future use
for frozen sections or for RNA analysis. We would like to know how freezing in
OCT will effect subsequent RNA determinations if it is decided that they need
the tissue more for RNA analysis than for frozen sections for morphology or IHC
studies.

 Thanks very much for you adivice.

Karen