[Histonet] Agar removing for fluorescent stainings

barbara.verstraeten <@t> ugent.be barbara.verstraeten <@t> ugent.be
Fri Mar 27 09:49:16 CDT 2009

Hey everybody!

Today I tried to do a fluorescent staining on cryosectionned tissue
embedded in agar.
I didn't see a problem in the presence of the agar untill I analyzed
the slides under the microscope... The agar had absorbed my
fluorescent dy!!

Does anyone know who to remove the agar where the tissue is embedded
in to make it possible to do cryosections?
I tried with 37°C PBS to 'melt' it and rinse it away but kept sticking
on the slide..

Any advice?

Thanks alot for your help!

Greetings,

Barbara Verstraeten, Drs.
Vertebrate Morpholgy and Developmental Biology
Department of Biology
Ghent University
K.L. Ledeganckstraat 35
B-9000 Ghent