[Histonet] questions re: fixing in general and Histochoice in particular

Jacqui Detmar detmar <@t> lunenfeld.ca
Tue Mar 24 15:54:26 CDT 2009

Hi all.  Having a bit of an internal debate here, so I would like to get
the opinions of some of you in Histoland, please.  Here are the
questions:

1.        When fixing with 10% NBF, for how long should you fix and what
volume ratio of fixative:tissue should you use?

2.       At what temperature should one be fixing tissues?

Regarding Histochoice:

1.        For how long should you fix the tissue?

2.       What volume ratio of fixative:tissue should you use?

3.       How long can you store Histochoice-fixed tissues in 70%
ethanol?

I think that's about it.  Thanks in advance,

Jacqui

Jacqui Detmar, Post-doctoral Fellow

Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute

Mount Sinai Hospital