[Histonet] microtome

Pamela Marcum mucram11 <@t> comcast.net
Mon Mar 23 14:38:33 CDT 2009

We are also a research lab and do both decal and non-decal bone from mouse to horse.  We have three Leicas, 2 RM 2255 and one older RM2155.  They are all motorized and we love them with tungsten carbide or disposable knives.  We have them for 3 and 4 years with never a problem.

Pam Marcum

UPENN Vet School

New Bolton Center

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrea Hooper" <anh2006 <@t> med.cornell.edu>
To: "Histonet" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 3:15:57 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [Histonet] microtome

What is the best microtome on the market these days?

We are a research lab sectioning mainly mouse tissue, and mainly
decalcified bone. We have beginners to experts in the lab all who
will need to use it.

It's been a while since I have been in the market for a microtome, so
although I have my own opinion already I wanted to know what the
current thoughts are - in case I am missing something.

Thanks,
ANDREA