[Histonet] Double-stain for immune cell markers

Troutman, Kenneth A kenneth.a.troutman <@t> Vanderbilt.Edu
Thu Mar 19 15:36:17 CDT 2009

Hi Naira,

Try Biocare.  They make fantastic reagents for research as well as some great double-stain kits.  As for the antibodies, it looks like you might have to create these either as cocktails (a lot of front-end work) or just make your stain longer (a lot of overall work) by staining seprately.  Abcam has some esoteric reagents that you might be able to use for some "non-mainstream species" like horse or rat or guinea pig.

Also I did not see which markers you are planning to stain for (there are quite a few "immune cell markers").  I might be able to help you find good reagents if I had that information.

Good luck.

Ashley Troutman BS, HT(ASCP)QIHC
Histopathology Laboratory
Department of Pathology
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Nashville, TN
<http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/main/> <http://www.vanderbilt.edu/> <http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/> <http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/main/>

Message: 3
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 14:20:34 -0500
From: "Margaryan, Naira" <NMargaryan <@t> childrensmemorial.org>
Subject: [Histonet] Double-stain for immune cell markers
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>

Hi Histofriends,

I was requested to make the double-staining for immune cell markers
together with another genes (IgG goat) that our lab researching on human
tumors xenografted in mouse.

Which companies kits you will suggest to use for this experiment (the
double-staining) and, what Abs (not mouse and not goat) are the best to
represent the immune cell markers.

Respectfully,
Naira