[Histonet] Disposal of Formaldehyde

Bernice Frederick b-frederick <@t> northwestern.edu
Mon Mar 16 08:04:45 CDT 2009

We place it in 5 gallon containers and the office of research safety comes
and picks it up and it goes to a waste hauler form there. They pick up
alcohol as well as xylene. If we had the space for a recycler......
Bernice

Bernice Frederick HTL (ASCP)
Northwestern University
Pathology Core Facility
ECOGPCO-RL
710 N Fairbanks Court
Olson 8-421
Chicago,IL 60611
312-503-3723

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Martin, Gary
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 9:27 AM
To: Jessica Piche; histonet
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Disposal of Formaldehyde

First ... even if the local authorities allow this ... it doesn't make
"Green" sense to do it, especially when there are other very workable
alternatives.  The path we chose was to purchase a very simple gravity feed
recycler produced and sold by Creative Waste Solutions (888) 795-8300. Check
them out.
Gary