[Histonet] Disposal of Formaldehyde

Julie Trejo jtrejo2 <@t> slu.edu
Fri Mar 13 13:20:24 CDT 2009

I've worked at several places and each one is different on treating
formalin.

The best one I like is to use the Formalin recycler from "Creative Wastes".
It's not electric, just works off of gravity and layers of filters.  Less
formalin to buy, don't have to buy neutralizers and don't have to dump
formalin down the drain.  Pour it in and in an hour or so it is ready. Just
check the pH and it's good to go. You can either decide on a benchtop or on
wheels.

I don't work for them, I just really like it.  Think Green.

Here's the website :
http://www.cwsincorp.com/

Julie

--